9.6.15

Snowlake on a sunny day

Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest, Snow Lake Trail, North Bend, WA 98045, USA
Our hike to Snowlake started on a very hot Sunday afternoon. The sky was clear and there was no sign of cloud at all. I remember how I hated walking in the sun. I'm crankier and I feel weaker when it's hot. Plus I wasn't feeling a hundred percent but it was the determination that motivated me to go.

If I had to rate the hike, I would say it's between easy to moderate depending on how your stamina is. It's not as steep as Ira Springs Trail but the trail is rocky almost all the way up. I tripped a few times which is not good at all! The hike towards the lake took us approximately 2.5 hours then we took about 15 minutes to relax by the water and enjoy the view and its surroundings.

We spent the next 1.5 hours hiking down towards the parking lot. It's always faster hiking back because the trail goes downhill. It also helped when the weather cooled down a bit so we don't have to stop for a quick water break.

I personally prefer hiking in a cooler weather. But I don't mind hiking in the sun and feeling all sticky for a clear view like this.


No comments: