28.5.15

Cloudy day at Rattlesnake Ledge

Rattlesnake Ledge, Washington 98045, USA
Rattlesnake Ledge was our first official hike together in Washington. Although both of us are not gym junkies, we do try to do activities together on a regular basis. We went running together (I must admit it's my least favourite exercise), we tried cycling, we do at-home-workout and since summer is approaching, we are planning to hike around Washington. 

I've been to a few hikes in Malaysia but those are nothing compared to the hikes here. The trails are much more challenging and you get to see more here. We chose Rattlesnake Ledge because it's a fairly easy trail and also amongst the famous short hike not so far from where we live. 

We drove about 45 mins to North Bend where the trail is and hiked up the foggy/misty trail. It wasn't a good day so we really couldn't see much once we reached the top of Rattlesnake Ledge. We were literally in the clouds. 

I saw some really nice pictures of the peak when the skies are clear and they look amazing. If I had known better, I would've chosen to go on a sunny day. But despite the weather, it was still a pretty good first hike (for me) and good experience for both of us.


No comments: